This is a simple vegetarian dish that can easily be made vegan by omitting the cheese and substituting vegan butter. Extra vegetables can be added to boost the nutritional value. Chicken can be added too if you just can't live without meat. The sauce is the best part, creamy and delicious!
What gives this dish its amazing flavor is also my go-to for every meal :sea salt and cracked black pepper. Regular salt and pepper just isn't the same. Grinders can be bought at Trader Joe's and then refilled from the bulk spice bins at any grocery store.
This meal is perfect for a busy weekday because it can be made in 30 minutes. Serves 4.
*16 oz whole wheat pasta
*2 cups brussel sprouts, cleaned and sliced in half
*1 cup broccoli
*1 cup cauliflower
*2 cloves garlic, sliced
*1 can full fat coconut milk
*5 tablespoons butter
*1/4 cup flour
*1/2 cup parmesan cheese
*Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Drizzle broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts generously with avocado oil, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper and roast at 425 for 25 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
2. While vegetables are cooking, prepare pasta per package directions. Strain, rinse, and set aside when done.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over med-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until slightly browned.
4. Whisk in flour.
5. Whisk in coconut milk.
6. Add remaining butter and parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
7. Combine noodles with sauce, top with roasted veggies, a sprinkle of parmesan, and more salt and pepper to taste.
As always, keep this recipe clean by following these guidelines when choosing ingredients :