This meal is creamy, cheesy, and oh so delicious. Best part is it all cooks in one pot! Less dishes are always a plus, am I right? The original recipe comes from an amazing vegan website, but I modified it a bit. I will link to the original recipe at the end of the post if you would like to keep this vegan or check out some more tasty vegan recipes.
Takes less than 30 minutes to cook. Serves 4-5
1 tablespoon avocado oil
16 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups broth
1 can full fat coconut milk
12 oz rotini pasta
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In an oven safe large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium high. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pot.
3. Add butter to pot and melt. Reduce heat to low, cook for one minute. Whisk in flour and continue whisking for another minute until roux thickens.
4. Whisk in broth and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Stir frozen peas and mushroom mixture back into the pot. Cook one minute. Remove from heat.
7. Combine panko and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of pasta and drizzle with avocado oil.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes or until top is bubbly and crispy.
As always, be sure to follow these guidelines when choosing ingredients to keep this clean.
Link to the original vegan recipe here :