This is seriously the best breaded chicken ever! Perfectly crunchy and moist. Quick and simple to make. Loved by teenagers and toddlers alike. I love to prepare this recipe for an easy weeknight meal alongside roasted vegetables and brown rice or potatoes I use chicken breasts but chicken tenders can be substituted if you have kiddos that prefer those.
Tip : make extra to have on hand for a quick addition to salads or lunches for the week!
This recipe can also be made gluten free by exchanging the breadcrumbs for crushed Simple Mills crackers.
2 lbs chicken breasts, either sliced or pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a large skillet (I love cast iron), heat about 1/3 cup avocado oil over medium high heat. Make sure the oil is nice and hot before adding chicken.
3. Mix breadcrumbs and spices in one bowl and egg in another.
4. Dip chicken one by one, first in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture. Coat both sides.
5. Pan fry in batches about 5 minutes each side, or until browned and crispy. Add more oil as needed.
6. Place in casserole dish and finish cooking in the oven. Depending on the thickness of your chicken, this usually only takes 10-15 extra minutes. Internal temp should register at 165.
Keep this meal clean and healthy by following these guidelines when choosing ingredients :