Healthy Chinese food anyone? This delicious recipe will satisfy those take-out cravings yet also deliver a nutrient packed punch that will leave you feeling guilt-free. This meal can be prepared in less than an hour. Serves 4.
1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 cup snap peas
1 onion sliced
1 1/2 cups broccoli
Brown rice, prepared
Peanut or avocado oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sriracha
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoons grated ginger
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil on medium high. Salt and pepper chicken and saute in oil until cooked through. Remove to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
4. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and all vegetables. Saute 6-7 minutes until desired done-ness.
5. Add chicken back to pan. Pour sauce over chicken and veggies. Serve over rice.
As always, be sure to follow these clean-eating guidelines when choosing ingredients :